Are you interested in earning college credit for the learning you’ve obtained through your participation in DigiWriMo? If so, check out Marylhurst University’s Prior Learning Assessment program. Through PLA, you may be eligible to earn credit for the work you’re doing this November!
- Apply for and be accepted into Marylhurst’s English & Digital Humanities program.
- Inform your academic advisor that you intend to do PLA for WR340 or CPR360: Writing for Contemporary Media: Digital Composition
- Contact Marylhurst University’s Center for Experiential Learning & Assessment to obtain specific directions for submitting an electronic portfolio of your learning for assessment. The portfolio will contain evidence of your digital writing experience, including the digital writing work you’ll be doing this month.
- The portfolio assessment fee is $150. That’s just $150 for 3 college English credits!
- If you do not earn credit with your portfolio’s first submission, you will receive feedback from an evaluator for revisions and you may resubmit your revised portfolio one time prior to the conclusion of the next academic term.
- If you have demonstrated course-equivalent learning through your portfolio, you will earn 3 credits, which will be added to your transcript upon completion of the process.
Contact Marylhurst’s Center for Experiential Learning & Assessment for more information and guidance.